Last updated October 29, 2019
Collection of Information
Information you provide
From time to time you may provide us with your personal information. At the time we receive it, we may store all or some of your personal information. This is any and all personal information provided to us through Marcanty, via e-mail, information taken over the telephone, or through a social media service (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest). You always have the option of not providing your personal information to us, however, if you don’t provide us with such information then you may not be able to purchase certain products from us or be eligible for any of our promotions, features, or Services. We may collect the following personal information:
- Contact information: such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and mobile or other telephone number;
- Username and password;
- Payment information: such as, credit card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, shipping and billing address;
- Customer service information: such as customer service inquiries, comments and repair history;
- Information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- Information provided in relation to purchase and transactions;
- Contact information you provide about friends, family or other people you would like us to contact or send a gift.
Information we collect through cookies and other technologies
A cookie is a small text file created by a website that is stored on your computer, mobile phone, or other device either temporarily for that session only or permanently. Cookies provide a way for Marcanty to recognize you and keep track of your preferences.
Cookies serve the following purposes:
1. Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Services. For example, cookies are required to help you access secure areas at Marcanty, such as your account page.
2. Some cookies are functional and necessary cookies that support the essential features of our website. For example, cookies help us remember you when you return to Marcanty, allowing you to view your shopping bag without having to login every time you visit.
- Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Adobe Experience Cloud: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/analytics.html#1
- Sizmek: https://www.sizmek.com/privacy-policy
4. Cookies help us customize and regulate the advertisements you see and how frequently you see them. They also help us to determine the success of our advertising.
5. Cookies allow visitors to share our pages and content through third-party social networking sites.
- www.youronlinechoices.eu (Europe)
- www.aboutads.info/choices (United States)
How do we use the personal information we obtain?
- Process your order, purchases and deliveries
- Confirm and track your order
- Provide customer support (including repairs, resizings, cleanings and other services)
- Create and manage your account with Marcanty
- Compare and review your information for errors, omissions and accuracy
- Manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes
- Respond to your comments, inquiries and requests
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business ( including developing new products and services, enhancing and improving our services, managing our communications, analyze our products and customer base, performing data analytics, and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
Marketing and promotional purposes:
- Send you personal invitations to Marcanty events as well as promotional materials and other communications (including thank you notes, special occasion reminders and other communications corresponding to your interests and personal preferences)
- Offer you personalized content
- Preventing fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity and guaranteeing the safety and security of our platform
- Comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements (anti-money laundering obligations)
- Comply with billing and accounting requirements
Information you provide us may be combined with other information. Other information that is publicly available, collected through cookies, other technologies or received from our partners, affiliates, and other third parties.
Information we may share with others
We do not disclose personal information we collect about you, except as follows:
Marcanty entities: We may share your personal information with our affiliated entities.
Service providers: We share information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform such services or comply with legal requirements. These services may include shipping, payment processing, manage and reduce our credit risk, tech and operational support, analytics and marketing services.
You may opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from advertising companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the following websites:
Compliance with the law: We may disclose your information 1) If we are required to do so by law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; 2) In order to prevent physical harm, suspected fraud or potential illegal activity; 3) To other companies for fraud protection and risk reduction; and 4) To enforce any agreement we may have with you.
Business Transfer: We reserve the right to disclose any personal information we have in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, insolvency, bankruptcy, dissolution or liquidation).
Children’s personal Information.
Marcanty does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under such age, we will promptly delete the information from our records. For more information on how to protect your child’s privacy online, please visit the FTC’s website at https://www.ftc.gov.
Marcanty may provide links to third-party websites, apps and services for your convenience. These companies are outside of our control and may have their own privacy notices or policies. We suggest you take the time to review such policies.
We use the appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
Accessing and updating your information
At any time, you can login and access your Marcanty account and change certain personal information.
Your rights and choices
California privacy rights
Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may (i) request a copy of our notice describing what categories of personal information we disclose to third parties or their affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties and affiliates. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Data Protection for residents of the European Union and Switzerland
Marcanty may transfer the personal information we collect about you to other countries outside of the country in which the information originally was collected, including the jurisdictions in which our affiliates and service providers operate. Those countries may not offer the same level of privacy and data protection as the law in your home country. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will implement appropriate safeguards to help ensure that your personal information remains protected.
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), we comply with the applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to recipients in countries outside the EU that have not been recognized as providing an adequate level of date protection. In this event, we will implement appropriate safeguards. With respect to transfers of personal information from the EU to the U.S., Marcanty, is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (“Privacy Shield”) developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission regarding the transfer of information from the EU to the U.S., pursuant to article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDRP”)
We will store your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. If you become a customer of Marcanty you may be eligible for many lifetime benefits, including lifetime product warranty, lifetime repairs, cleaning and resizing of jewelry. If you decide to take advantage of these benefits, we will keep your information until you ask us to remove your personal information from our records. Once your personal information has been removed from our records you will no longer have access to these lifetime benefits.
You have the right to request access to your personal information. Accordingly, when appropriate, we provide you with reasonable access to your personal information that we maintain. You have the right to correct, amend, or delete the information where it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the Privacy Shield principles. We may limit or deny access to your personal information if the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the customer would be violated. To request access to your personal information, please contact us as indicated below.
You have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information, provided we may retain your personal information for certain compelling purposes such as legal, auditing, accounting, and billing purposes. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
How to contact us
Suite 30, 23 Hatton Garden
London, EC1N 85B, UK